I'm pleased to share that the Harvard Library Innovation Lab has added four new positions at https://lil.law.harvard.edu/jobs/ — product director, engineering manager, UX designer, and user support. Come work with @liza, @molly0xfff, and other thoughtful, creative folks building the future of open knowledge online.
Note in particular the new Product and Research Director role, which is a great chance to take leadership in libraries, information, and online discourse.
The digipres.club Patreon account is now live! https://www.patreon.com/digipres_club
The Patreon will help us pay the monthly hosting expenses. I've provided a bit more detail about our costs in the profile and introductory post. Please don't feel obligated to contribute if you're not in a financial position to do so.
My old Tweets are now at https://innocence.com/~durrell/twitter/
Produced with @darius 's tool: https://tinysubversions.com/twitter-archive/make-your-own/
Heard stories at the motel too. One person said four different trees fell on their house. Another was trapped in their driveway from Friday until this morning. Just a mess.
Not my car, but somebody’s bad day. Surprised there was not more, but this is also two days after the storm.
Last time I saw this much storm damage was the ice storm in ‘98. Amazing the crews have gotten as much running again as they have.
Ready for normal again. A brief timeline:
- 5pm Fri: yay! Much needed break!
- 7pm Fri: power out. No heat, but water. A night of cribbage by candle is fun.
- 2pm Sat: still no power. Have to take three routes to get out due to trees in the road, and the one that was clear was only because the car was low enough to go under two different trees hanging from power lines. Motel it is.
- 10am Sun: power is back! Well pump burned out. Motel again.
- now: motel loses power. Backup heat, nothing else.
Just launched! The Collaborative Indigenous Research Digital Garden is a living repository of ~200 collaborative & Indigenous-led research projects. Truly amazing & generous resource to learn, cite, and teach with.
By @tuckeve & the Tkaronto CIRCLE Lab.
Fired from the bird site? Or another company? Wikimedia is hiring! Come work on the last best place on the internet.
Cats the Musical Diffusion, a new model on @huggingface
Looking to add a bunch of people from one of the disciplinary spreadsheets floating around? You can import them all at once.
1. Grab the mastodon handle column and drop it in a new spreadsheet. Give it the title "Account address".
2. Add a column called "Show boosts" and put TRUE for each row.
3. Save it as a CSV.
4. Head over to Edit profile > Import and export > Import, and upload the CSV as a following list.
5. Do that again periodically as the list keeps growing.
Director, DEV Studio. DH & XR @ Dartmouth College. Digital Curation @ UMaine. Art & code @ WWW. #TGM_Series
Hometown is adapted from Mastodon, a decentralized social network with no ads, no corporate surveillance, and ethical design.